I just finished sewing Christmas stockings for the family and I’m feeling quite punctual since it is December first! I used the prudent baby tutorial and added some embellishments. I made fabric covered buttons for the boys stockings and finally tested out the embroidery functions on my sewing machine to monogram. I decorated my stocking and the little big-girl’s with yo-yos, a fabric covered button and a little bling for our initials. Although I managed to break five needles during this project, I’m pretty happy with the end result. It was my first time sewing with batting and I think I may even be inspired to give quilt-making a try. I’m looking forward to seeing these (or at least the kids stockings!) stuffed to the brim on Christmas day.
December 2, 2011 2 Comments