It is almost time for us to begin a new school year and some of our friends have already have already gone back! While we are savoring the last bits of summer – preparation mode is in full swing. The kids have been wearing the life out of their costumes and dress up clothes, and we’ve been cherishing our last few non-rushed mornings. I’ve been replenishing the homemade lunch-box love notes and organizing as much as possible. Here are some of our favorite products for back to school:
1. Cole Haan Air Paul Chukka Boots – These brown boots with fun orange accents will give my little man a polished look at his new school. The suede outer shoe stays put with a well made traction outsole that will keep his busy little feet grounded during serious play.
2. Learn With Homer – With busy schedules and very limited screen time, I need to ensure that device time is educational. This new iPad app provides customized learning aligned with Common Core standards. The illustrations are beautiful, and the content is presented in a fun and engaging way. We were invited to test a variety of iPad apps this summer, and Homer is by far the best.
3. Mabel’s Labels – With lots of gear to keep track of, labels are a must! We have been happy with Mabel’s Labels because they are dishwasher safe and waterproof. They also come in a variety of sizes and colors.
4. FAB Starpoint Piggy Banks – It is important to teach fiscal responsibility from a young age and we like incorporating banks that the kids are excited about. Lucia and Adrian love their superwoman and superman piggy banks – available at Walmart stores (but not online) for only $9.88.
5. Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser – I’m trying to take better care of my aging (gasp!) skin, but need a streamlined quick and effective regime. This convenient two-in-one product cleanses and exfoliates with highly-active lactic acid. Specially formulated to rejuvenate, hydrate and brighten the skin – I’ve noticed a difference over the course of one week.
6. KIND Bars – These healthy bars are comprised of delicious ingredients (that are visible!). Best of all they are packed with protein and substantially less sugar than most bars that are marketed to children (some of our favorite KIND flavors have only 4 grams of sugar). My children love them, and they are the perfect after school treat. Now through September, KIND is calling all snack savvy moms to take a snapshot (via Instagram or Twitter) of their kids’ healthy school lunch boxes (and tag it #kindawesome lunch box) for a chance to win a case of KIND!
7. Vineyard Vines Girls Carousel Cardigan – With unpredictable indoor temperatures, it helps to layer clothing. This versatile cardigan with pretty grosgrain covered buttons is a great addition to any wardrobe.
What are some of your back-to-school favorites?
Wishing you all the best with new school year ahead!
Items 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 were given to me for review purposes. All images are via brands. As always, all opinions are my own.