All About The 2016 Dumpling Festival in NYC

Dumpling fans rejoice!  The 6th Annual Dumpling Festival is coming back to NYC, this Saturday, September 24th and you bet we’ll be hightailing it to Sara D. Roosevelt Park (noon-5pm), again this year, to catch all the action and chomp away at delicious dumplings made fresh in Chef One’s Brooklyn-based location.

nyc-dumpling-festival-2016

With a fitting theme of “There is a Chef in Everyone” -a $20 ticket will get you four tastings of dumplings with varieties including Kung Pao Chicken, Pork & Kimchi, Kale & Vegetable, Buffalo Chicken, Edamame and more. Tickets will also provide an entry into the raffle drawing for airfare from Delta Air Lines and a Year’s Supply of Chef One Dumplings.

DSC_0660Dumling Festival Dancer

Hosted by Youtubers Mike Chen and Dan Chen of Strictly Dumpling and Double Chen – the event will also hold the 13th Annual Dumpling Eating Contest moderated by ESPN sports announcer Larry Hardesty.

KobayashiThe 2015 record holder,Takeru Kobayashi, consumed 93 dumpings in 2 minutes time.

Stop by to catch incredible performances, snap a photo with “Dumpling Mama”  join in a dumpling making class (kids welcome!), and so much more!

Dumpling Mascot

Best of all, this is a feast to feel good about! Proceeds from the event help support our city’s food-insecure population with 100% of proceeds donated to The Food Bank for NYC.

Follow the buzz on social media with #Dumplingfest2016 and stay connected to all of Chef One’s Dumpling goodness on Facebook.

This is a sponsored post. Opinions, as always are my own. Image number one via Chef One.

Comments

1. My husband loves dumplings! I will have to tell him about this. Maybe we will check it out!

2. Sarah Hayes says:

this would be a fun festival to attend. Ive only had a couple different kinds of dumplings so id love to see the other varieties they have.

3. Jill Myrick says:

Too bad that we don’t live near NY (NC for us) as we are big dumpling fans and would love this.
    It looks and sounds like a fun and yummy time. I think it’s great that proceeds go to the food bank as well.

jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com

4. Looks like a grand time and love dumplings

5. Stephanie Larison says:

Wow, this looks like it would be a blast to go to! We’re far from NYC, but would definitely check it out if closer.

6. Lydia Lay Clark says:

I seriously love dumplings. I got into them really heavy once Guy Fieri started raving about them. There is a great place here in Atlanta called Gu’s Dumplings that I love!!

7. Cami Valenzuela says:

I’d be in heaven.. I love chicken dumplings. My husband used to bring some all the time when I was pregnant.

8. I would love to attend this if I lived on the East Coast. Dumplings are my favorite and this would be so much fun to taste test someone else’s dumplings.

9. We don’t have a festival like that here. This would be great to go to.

10. Brandon Sparks says:

My whole family loves dumplings.. I really need to make these. Thanks for the idea..

11. Sounds like a blast. i would love to be in NYC for this

12. holly lawson says:

I love dumplins! The crunchy ones look great! I bet the ones there were great. I would love to try them next time I’m in NYC.

13. Oh man, I wish I lived closer. I’m Chinese on my mom’s side and love dumplings!