Where Dreams Come True: A Walt Disney World Vacation with Disney SMMC

If there was ever a time that I was desperate for uplifting news, it was the day that the invitation to the 2016 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration came in.  In-route to face the hardest days of my life, I had happy news to carry with me.

We had happy news to carry with us.

Airport-NYC-Disney-World

Kids are natural joy-spreaders. This superpower is hardwired into the very core of their beings.  Heading with my husband and super-excited children to the most magical place on earth, while clinging to their joy, was indeed enchantment personified.

“The greatest natural resource is in the minds of our children.” ~ Walt Disney

Magic-Kingdom-Castle-Disney-Social-Media-Moms-ConferenceParade-Magic-Kingdom-Mickey-MouseToy-Story-Hollywood-Studios-Disney-World-DisneySMMCFireworks-Disney-Social-Media-Moms-CelebrationDisney-World-Balloons-Disney-SMMCMagic-Kingdom-Castle-NightDisney-Magical-Photo-Animal-Kingdom-Disney-Social-Media-Moms-Conference

We visited Disney as a family once prior, two and half years ago.  And this recent trip was certainly elevated by staying on Disney Resorts property for the first time.  As guests at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, we experienced the ways in which everything fits together so seamlessly while vacationing on Disney property.  From our Magical Express pickup to utilizing the intuitive MagicBand system, all while being in a short walking distance to Epcot, the magic carried through our charming stay at the resort.

Beach-Club-Pool-Disney-ResortsDisney-Beach-Club-Resort-DisneySMMCunderwater-iPhone-photography-Disney-ResortsEpcot-Disney-WorldEpcot-Flowers-DisneySMMCEpcot-Disney-World-DisneySMMC

While I attended the #DisneySMMC conference, my husband had a day alone with the children at the Magic Kingdom.  Nearly every text that he sent me was wrapped in glowing superlatives and exclamation marks, which is definitely not his usual tone in communication!  He was thrilled to be off creating a cherished day with our littles – while I had an inside view of what’s to come to Disney.  From inspirational speakers, sensational performances and early looks into movies including “Finding Dory” and “Alice Through The Looking Glass” – my family was completely blown away by the #DisneySMMC experience and the intricate attention to detail that is synonymous with the Disney brand.  We’re excited to continue to share more stories with info gleaned from the conference, including the introduction of a new, resilient, and strong female character- Princess Elena of Avalor – Disney’s first Latina Princess.

Disney-World-Fireworks-DisneySMMCDisney-World-Memory-Maker-Mine-Train-Rollercoaster-photo

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Image via Disney’s Memory Maker gifted to conference attendees.

During our stay, we hit up every park from morning till closing, and once again, Walt Disney World treated us in ways that we want to emulate. In a place of long lines and children pining for their turns on rides – every cast member we encountered was patient, kind and helpful; while making each child feel incredibly special.

Meeting-Stitch-Walt-Disney-World-Magic-Kingdom-DisneySMMC

In just one week, we collected what felt like a lifetime of memories. I imagine that I’ll always remember the children’s wide-eyed wonderment as we stepped onto Main Street USA, where music plays, parades float by, and the scent of fresh cookies streams throughout the warm Florida sky.  Our long list of treasured moments is filled with riding my favorite whimsical ride (it’s a small world) as a family, holding hands through elaborate parades, thrilling rides, and spectacular fireworks. In a place where childhood dreams are built upon seeing Cinderella’s illuminated castle, meeting beloved characters and watching Tinkerbell fly through the night sky – we now understand why some families make Disney a repeat pilgrimage.

Magic-Kingdom-Castle-Night-Disney-Social-Media-Moms-CelebrationMagic-Kingdom-Ice-CreamAriel-Disney-World-Magic-KingdomDisney-Castle-Magic-Kingdom-Disney-SMMCBe-Our-Guest-Disney-World

The timing and circumstances surrounding our Disney vacation will forever carry tremendous meaning.  According to our five-year-old, this particular trip came to fruition because “Disney and heaven talk to each other.”

Cinderella's-Castle-Magic-Kindgdom-Disney-World-DisneySMMCMickey-Mouse-Drawing-DisneySMMCDisney-World-Electrical-Parade-Light-Up-Toys-Magic-KindgdomMickey-Mouse-airplane-DisneySMMCMagic-Kingdom-Disney-World-Castle

Perhaps, he’s right.

A photo posted by Monica (@marinobambinos) on

Thank you to the Disney Social Media Moms team and Walt Disney world for having us at the year’s DisneySMMC. We are grateful to have been included.  As always, all opinions are my own.

Comments

1. Disney really is the most magical place on earth. It’s not just a tag line!

2. Talk about the best of both worlds! Working AND playing at Disney sounds like a winning combo to me. Yay!

3. Twitter brought me here and every bit of this is precious! I clicked to Instagram and see that you just lost your father. I’m so so sorry. I believe in miracles big a small and I like to think just
    what your youngen does. I’m happy for you and you tell the story of Disney so well. I want to bring my grandchildren someday.

4. Nancy Partin says:

I have always wanted to go to Disney World. We have been to DIsneyland and I really hope to take my kids in the future!

5. My goodness your pictures are everything!

6. This looked like such an amazing trip. Disney World really is something special. I love the pictures.

7. I am glad that the Disney trip came at a point in your life where you seemed to need some happiness in your life. I am sure the kids had a wonderful time. My husband likes to say that it’s a place that really takes all your cares away, even if for just a short time.

8. Your photos are so beautiful – they really capture the magic of Disney.

9. The pictures that you captured truly say it all, full of magic and fairy dust. I think once we lose one of our parents it just becomes our new normal, at least that’s been my experience, but I also know that it has made me much more cognizant of my time and I’d like to think that in his death that was my dad’s one lasting gift to me- to cherish my time. Also your family is BEYOND PRECIOUS. treasure them always.

10. Gorgeous! I’m so glad the magic had such impeccable timing for you. (And lucky us, our families got to hang!) Per usual, your captures are positively stunning!

11. Loved your story.Your words captured the magic of Disney. Want to go and experience that magic with my grandkids someday .

12. Caroline says:

I love that he said, “heaven and Disney talk to each other.” So sweet. I’m glad you had this time of joy following your most difficult loss. We love you!

13. Wow. These are great pictures of what looks to be a great experience. They are so bright and colorful. Thanks for sharing.

14. This looks looks like a great place to spend some family time! I have never taken my kids there, but was thinking about going someday!

15. Jeanine says:

Looks like so much fun! I would love to take a vacation to Disney. We haven’t ever been but would love to, this looks like it would be a trip of a lifetime for everyone!

16. What a wonderful experience. Your pictures are gorgeous. We haven’t been there, but I would love to bring my kids there one day.

17. What a wonderful share of Disney’s magic. It really is a fantastic place to visit and enjoy with family.

18. Ryan Escat says:

Those are awesome pictures and congrats for having a great adventure. I hope someday I can bring my family into that magical place too.

19. I love all your pictures, they look magical! My husband also texted me constantly during the conference. It was our very first time visiting Disney World!

20. What a fantastic trip! The photos are incredible! Making memories!

21. What a beautiful memory and stunning pictures. I am so happy for you and your family, to have this experience together!

22. Love ALL your photos but the one of them holding hands together and your daughter wearing the blue dress is just magical! Looks like you had lotsa fun…. I adore your photos!

23. It was so nice to see you again! You needed this – beautiful photography as always.

24. Congrats on being a Disney Mom this year. You took some stunning magical photos…like super immaculate photos!

25. those are some really great pictures. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time

26. These images and the expressions are stories that have no end! Love what you shared and only hope that you will continue to experience these wonderful times with your family. I know for us it was very magical as well. With the stresses of life and all that goes with that, I am a true believer in these type of experiences! They do have magical healing powers and bring us back to the times we may have been with the ones who are no longer with us! Hugs and love to you! We first went to Walt Disney World as a family in 1973 and stayed at the Contemporary! I can remember the parade and running after the Seven Dwarfs!

27. I absolutely love the way your images captured your time at Disney. You received pixie dust at the perfect time!

28. what an awesome opportunity! love Disney always a blast 🙂

29. Ann Bacciaglia says:

These are amazing photos. I have been saving to take the kids to Disney in the next year or two. I would love to stay on Disney Resorts property.

30. Your great pictures just simply made it moe magical for me. How I would love to revisit Disney places again. Your 5-year old is right with his description!

31. Looks like a great time by all! Hugs to you all!

32. Your pictures are stunning! It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful story.

33. Looks like you all had a blast! Disney is truly a magical place!

34. Laurie Nykaza says:

My whole family has always wanted to go to Disney World and hopefully one day we will sounds like an amazing place to go.

35. Barbara Lima says:

I first visited during the press review for Disneyland when I was 8 years old. I am now 69. It was magical.

36. Kristin McClain says:

I love seeing Disney through other’s eyes. This is my absolute favorite place in the world and I know there’s so much more to discover. Loved reading about your journey there!!

37. We would like to go there. Looks wonderful.

38. kayla sheehan says:

I went to Disney world when I was a kid and it was so amazing. I can’t wait to take my boys when they are older!

Trackbacks

1. […] to have my eight-year-old daughter look up too.  I had the chance to learn all about her at the Disney SMMC conference and how her strong traits are perfectly aligned with Disney’s new Dream Big Princess […]

2. […] had a revelation, two years ago, when I had a proper bra-fitting with Hanes – a sponsor at Disney’s Social Media Mom’s Conference.  I left with several comfortable bras that made me ditch the ill-fitting underwire, push-up […]