(Yields 30-40 chocolates, depending on size)
1 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
1/4 cup organic agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
1) In a large food processor, blend all the ingredients, scraping down the sides of the food processor a few times, until smooth and combined.
2) Using a teaspoon, scoop out the chocolate then dollop into a non-stick tray or a baking sheet or mini-muffin tin lined with parchment paper.
3) Flatten the chocolate with the underside of the spoon and/or gently tap the tray onto the counter to smooth out the chocolate.
4) Sprinkle each chocolate with your garnish of choice (or combine in the batter, if preferred).
5) Allow to set in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours.
6) Remove from the freezer, transfer to a plastic freezer bag or an air-tight container. Keep frozen until served.
7) Remove from the freezer about 4-5 minutes before serving.
*These soften very quickly so it’s best to eat them right out of the freezer. The longer they sit at room temperature the more they will soften and loose their consistency.
Win It: Lisa is giving away a copy of her iBook or eBook, Bites for Babies! To enter, visit her website, Bites For Babies, and leave a comment below. Let us know if you’re following her culinary goodness (and glimpses of summers in Italy!) on twitter, instagram, facebook and pinterest – and you’ll get an extra entry.