The summer solstice is officially upon us! We ushered in the warm weather with a trip to the beach and I found it fitting to share a few of my new favorite summer products. Although I’m technically breaking the “Sunday Swoon” rules with only one product geared towards kids – it’s nice to switch the focus to the mamas for a change!
1. MD Complete by Dr. Brian Zelickson: I’m pretty fanatic about summer sun protection. After years of abusing my skin as a teenager, I’m prone to sun-spots. MD Complete Youthful Skin Sun Shield has become my everyday defense and provides Broad Spectrum SPF 50 coverage without the greasy feel of most facial sunscreens. Its affordable price of $24.00 makes it a must have for summer.
2. MADE unique fair trade jewelry: Jewelry has the ability to complete a summer style and I’m a huge fan of MADE’s hand crafted jewelry comprised of recycled or sustainable raw materials, sourced from local, independent retailers. Best of all, these purchases empower, as MADE invests in their employees. Their workshop in Kenya, founded in 2005, employees the talent and skills of artisans in Kenya, whilst providing a safe working environment, long-term job security and training. MADE is rooted in creating sustainable jobs, teaching new skills and empowering developing communities in Kenya through the production of beautiful and unique accessories.
3. Miraclesuit: And introduction to Miraclesuit swimsuits by Momtrends and The Moms changed my preconceived notions of the brand. The flattering styles created with innovative Maritex fabric are slimming and stylish in a full range of sizes.
4. Modify watches: These cool interchangeable, modular watches are the perfect summer accessory. With over 3,000 possible combinations of mix-and-match straps and faces, these colorful timepieces are fun and affordable. I happen to love the Snow Cones Watch with a Seafoam Green Strap from the latest summer collection.
5. Herban Essentials: I’m newly obsessed with essential oil towelettes from Herban Essentials. The refreshing, cool and invigorating towelettes are made with the highest quality, 100% pure, therapeutic grade, steam distilled or cold pressed essential oils. Available in Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint and Eucalyptus – these towelettes have been amazing when I’m fighting a migraine or feeling nauseous on the subway. They are also the perfect beach refresher!
6. MelanSol Sunscreen: When it comes to my children and sunscreen, I don’t compromise on safety. The kids have been wearing MelanSol Natural Baby Sunscreen – a non-toxic sunscreen that doesn’t rely on chemicals of any kind to protect little one’s skin. MelanSol Baby Sunscreen uses an innovative combination of bio-active antioxidants to boost baby’s ability to neutralize free radical damage responsible for sunburn, early skin aging and non-melanoma skin cancer later in life.
7. Kryolan Lip N’ Cheek: This water resistant cream colors the lips and cheek with a smooth touch. I have been wearing the natural lotus color which makes for quick and convenient summer touch-ups.
8. My Cabana Boy Spray Applicator: If you’re an aerosol sunscreen user this product will be a game changer. It’s the first product designed to effectively spray the back and hard to reach places without the assistance of another person! Just remember to keep those sunscreen sprays away from the kiddos as they have been proven to be harmful if inhaled.
9. Zoya Nail Polish: These long wearing, toxin-free nail polishes come in over 300 ” big 5 free” & vegan friendly shades. The pink-glittery Harper shade is fun for summer.
Be sure to visit the other Sunday Swoon sites and link up your post below!